Who do we tell if we are concerned about a child?
A Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is the first point of contact for anybody who has a concern about the safety and/or wellbeing of a child.
We have 1 DSL at Nunney First School and 1 Deputy DSL.
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Teacher In Charge
If a DSL believes a child is at risk of immediate harm and needs urgent protection, they will call Children’s Social Care (Somerset Direct).
Members of the community can also call Somerset Direct if they believe a child is at risk of IMMEDIATE HARM.
0300 123 2224
Governor With Responsibility For Safeguarding
The Partnership Trust’s Safeguarding Statement
The Partnership Trust and all schools within it are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect everyone associated with the Trust to share this commitment.
Safeguarding is protecting children and vulnerable adults from the abuse and/or neglect that leads to significant harm. It relates to the actions taken to promote the welfare of children and young people.
To effectively fulfil this responsibility all employees and volunteers within the Trust ensure their approach is child-centred and consider at all times, what is in the best interests of the child or young person.
Links To Safeguarding Policies And Documentation
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy (TBMPT personalised for Nunney) – September 2020
- Safeguarding Policy Annex – COVID-19 Version 2 – September 2020
- Online Safety Policy – June 2020
- Keeping Children Safe in Education – September 2021
- Guidance on safer working practices for those working with children and young people in education settings – May 2019
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) – Reporting Duty (Home Office October 2015)
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Policy (The Bath & Mendip Partnership Trust)
- Safer Recruitment and Selection Policy (The Bath & Mendip Partnership Trust)
- Staff Code of Conduct (TPT) – December 2020
- Whistleblowing Policy (The Bath & Mendip Partnership Trust) – April 2020
- Complaints Policy (The Partnership Trust) – December 2021